Who may purchase these maps?
The maps are meant for Museums, Books, Oil Companies and Geo Surveys/Academics. They are not intended for personal use.
What is prohibited in use of the maps?
We do not allow the maps to be used in an Animation, Blogs, FB, Apps, Internet, Games, Sci Fi books, Puzzles, T Shirts.
Where is information on an Academic purchase?
On the Menu Bar “Academic Purchase“
Are the maps copyrighted?
Yes and you must have a License from us to use them.
What maps are available?
How can I find out more details on the maps?
You can find detailed descriptions in the “Map Room” details on the series.
Are there other maps?
- Maps of Rodinia (x9)
- Glacial Maps (x10)
- Other areas of the World
Are there map samples?
- There are a few low resolution thumb nail map samples on the Menu Bar/Map List
- We intend to post all the Global maps and North American Key Time Slices maps soon.
Can a map be labeled with a specific location, special feature or “centered”
Yes – there is a small extra charge if we do this
Can data be added to maps?
Yes – you may add data to the maps.
Are any of the maps animated?
Yes – a Global Animation is almost completed. Ask for details.
What is the resolution of the maps?
Resolution is the highest available and can be found in the map descriptions.
What type of files are available?
JPEG and Photo Shop Files (extra charge for PSD)
Do we provide “custom maps”
Yes – the charge depends on the estimated length of time to create the map
Can maps be used on your website?
Maps may used online but must have an imbedded water mark (there is an extra charge to post online) Maps may not be placed on Face Book, Blogs, You Tube or similar.
What is the price?
The price is determined by several factors and is individual for each use for example:
- How will the image be used—static image, online, book, brochure
- What size will the images be reproduced
- JPEG or PSD file (extra charge)
- Is Exhibit permanent or temporary
- Discounts for more than 1 map
- There is a questionnaire for each use that assists in determining a price—please request from: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do we provide an invoice and license.
Methods of payment
We bill via PayPal to a credit card or we can do a direct bank transfer or check
How are maps sent?
Maps are sent via a link to Dropbox
How do I get more information?
A form will be sent to you asking for specific information on which we base the price and type of license.