600 MA to Present
7200 frames or 14,400 frames
Rectilinear, Mollweide or Spherical (may be centered on a location)
Up to 3000 x 6000
Image Sequence or h.264 movie
- Highlighting the movement of a specific location such as a city or continent
- Labeling of Euramerica, Gondwana, Rodina, Pangaea, Laurasia
- Labeling of modern-day continents
- Labeling of geological periods (text or timeline)
- Additional annotation and texting
Western Interior Seaway
Cretaceous 140 MA to 60 MA
Walk into the time of the Western Interior Seaway 136 Million years ago to 60 million years ago.
This animation traces the history of North America’s Western Interior Cretaceous Seaway from its inception in northwest Canada through its greatest extent from Alaska to the Gulf of Mexico during the Turonian to Campanian (subdivisions of Cretaceous time, 94 – 77 Ma), to its demise in the Maastrichtian (Ca. 67 Ma)
1.3 MA to Present
Who Developed the Animation?
Dr. Ron Blakey, president of Colorado Plateau Geosystems Inc. and Kate Raisz Owner/Producer/Director of 42 Degrees North Media in Boston.
Where can I get detailed information?